June 27, 2009

A Korean girl

Today I enjoyed dinner with a Korean friend. We went to a Thai restaurant. It's been 4 months since I saw her last.

She is studying abroad in Tokyo. When I saw her for the first time, I felt she had something different from Japanese girls. Although she seems aggressive, she does have kindness. In addition, I love her innocence. She doesn't hesitate to show her feelings and what she thinks.

When I look at her, for some reason my heart hurts a little. Maybe that's because both of us are originally from another country. I know well what it is like to live abroad. You may be faced with discrimination and bullying. Sometimes I feel lonely, because I'm different from people around me.

However, I was happy to know she was doing well here. She seems to enjoy life in Japan very much. I hope she can have a lot of fun in Tokyo.

1 Comments:

melbournebyme said...

Let just say that I'm lucky, cause most of my journey both short and long trip, I alway met with good new people and find something interesting in each place. Of course! there are some bad one but let ignoring them...hihi.

I used to have some Korean friends when i first came to Melb. We study English in the same class and go out for some time. I love that time very much cause I make so many friends with different culture background. It's alway fun to know all about them.^^

Post a Comment