June 10, 2009

Tokyo has an excellent rail transport system, but...

I go to school by train. It takes almost an hour and a half to get to my university. You might say that it's an incredible waste of time. Yes, I agree with you! I know, in other countries it's common for a college student to live in a dormitory, but in Japan many of students attend school by train.

However, this isn't the most serious problem to me. I enjoy listening to music or seeing the scenery out of the window while getting on the train. It's a good time for me to learn English too(^-^)b I usually listen to Podcasts or read books to improve my English.

The trouble is the trains are really crowded during rush hour. I often can't find a seat. That means I have to stand all the way for an hour and a half(><;) Also, in the summer it's terribly hot on the train. It seems like Hell^^;

If you got interested in the awful situation, let's watch this video. You've got to find how horrible the train is during rush hour in Tokyo!!

3 Comments:

melbournebyme said...

haha, i don't mine to try that once in my life ^^
In Melbourne, the busiest time for the public transport are early morning and after business hour, especially when the FOOTY(Aussie's sport) on, after the match all the public transport is full of people. But i don't think it will be that pack as in Japan.

Rommel B. Dollete said...

that was amazing. that's really difficult for you. i wish you have a good and safe travel.

your life is attached to the train stories. wish you could right more stories about it.

Lucis said...

Hi thank you for your comment:)
When I have a chance, I'll write more about Tokyo.

Post a Comment