June 16, 2009

Working as a waiter

I'm working part-time as a waiter. In Japan, it's really common for students to have a part-time job. Almost everyone works for money. However, you can get valuable experience too.

How does it feel to work as a waiter? Generally, It's a lot of fun. I get along well with my co-workers. Although we all work hard, we like to joke around too. And somehow I'm popular among customers, who are madams^^;

On the other hand, it's tough to be a waiter too. I've been working in my restaurant for a year, having dealt with several customer complaints. Sometimes customers get angry at us. Other times I have to apologize due to my subordinates.

But I learned a lot. I was able to learn from my mistakes. I memorized customers' preferences and am giving personalized survices. One of my customers always needs Tabasco when he has a salad.

Overall, I enjoy this work. And I want to work as a waiter in an English-speaking country^^
Is it common for students to work part-time in your country?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment